Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

crazy cool

This weekend was crazy cool and being that it will be Easter by the time I finish this note it is even better!  Wonderful weather... great company... the hubster and a special visit from the hubster side of the family... and good fun.  God is so awesome to have blessed us with the ability to just pause and enjoy time together.  It is especially good when the hubster makes cookies.  :)  But particularly, I like when I am able to sit and ponder on God's greatness.  Sadly, in recent years, it has been hard for me to be able to sit and actually adore Jesus.  The title of my blog site is 'aikou Iesu' which means "adoration for Jesus" in Japanese.  I really hope that is what this turns out for.  It is very difficult to not get caught up in the world and what the norm is of being defined by your job (and because I lack one I sometimes have this feeling of an undefined being.)  Well, thankfully I have had friends remind me many times that my identity is only found in Christ.  So this weekend was great to remind me of that.  It is difficult to live in a society that always wants to tell you what you are instead of just being and minding their own beeswax.  I do not want fame, fortune, or eterntainment because, they hinder eternal purposes.  I desire a life lived serving God and a body worn out for Him.  John Piper's words 'don't waste your life' pop up more and more and I like that, and I hope He will lead me to daily opportunities, that I would listen, act, and that He would be glorified.  Well, time to join the peacefully sleeping hubster... thank you God for moments like this and sending your Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.  Happy Easter everyone!  He is risen!!!

No comments:

What you might want to know...